BECOME A VOLUNTEER
The Lake Jackson Historical Association offers a variety of opportunities for individuals interested in volunteering. Lifelong learners and those who love Lake Jackson history, culture, and education will feel right at home here! As a volunteer with the LJHA, you will find yourself working with researchers, educators, and visitors from around the world and your community.
Minor Volunteers please fill out and return this application.
Volunteering requires various commitment levels. You can volunteer for as little as three hours a month to as often as three hours a week or more. We have various volunteer opportunities:
Lake Jackson Historical Museum
- Greeters/Gift Shop Volunteers: These volunteers are the heart of the Museum. They greet visitors, run the gift shop and assist the staff with any projects.
- Special Events: Assist staff at occasional evening events and weekend programs.
- Collections: Specially trained individuals who assist the Curator with accessioning Museum collections and research.
- Docents: Engage students and adults on tours in the Museum’s exhibit galleries, making history come to life!
Alden B. Dow Office Museum
- Volunteers greet and assist visitors.
Abner Jackson Plantation Site
- Greet and orient visitors with the Plantation site.
For more information on volunteering please call 979-297-1570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. For more information on volunteering please call 979-297-1570 or email email@example.com
Court Ordered Community Service
Same Day Service is NOT Offered. All Community Service must be scheduled in advance.
The LJHA may consider volunteer applicants that need to fulfill community service hours. Interested individuals must provide the referral form from the court indicating the specific nature of their offense, number of community service hours required and the court contact number. Interested persons will be required to fill out a community service application.
Individuals who receive a court order to perform community service will be accepted on a case by case basis dependent upon the severity of the offense and the needs of the LJHA.
Please Call 979-297-1570 for more information.